MC2 is committed to protecting your personal data and will use any personal data we collect from you in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). MC2 is a retailer and must process certain personal data in order to provide a retail service – in doing so, we act as a data controller.
Summary of how MC2 uses your data
We collect personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing a quote for tiles, flooring or other item(s)
- Processing an order
The legal bases we use for processing data are:
- Where we have a legitimate interest, in our case, for quoting you for the provision of tiles, flooring or other items
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have, for example sales invoices
In certain circumstances, we may process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- Sending you marketing communications about our products and services
- Conducting marketing research
Who do we share your data with
We may share your personal information with the following recipients:
- Government, law enforcement agencies and other regulators if required to do so by law
- Web providers. Our website provider uses data from our website to track and examine its performance. Personal data collected: cookies and usage data.
- Third party payment service providers
- Marketing providers
- Delivery service providers
- Wifi and other communication service providers
We do not transfer data overseas.
The types of personal information we collect:
Depending on how you interact with us, we will collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Phone number
- Email Address
- Payment information including credit/debit card number
We will not hold your personal data for more than 12 months unless we have a legal obligation to do so.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights over your data and its use:
- The right to be informed about what data we are collecting on you and how we will use it
- The right of access - you can ask to see the data we hold on you
- The right to rectification - you can ask that we update or correct your data
- The right to object - you can ask that we stop using your data for a particular purpose
- The right to erasure - you can ask us to delete the data we hold on you . There may be circumstances where we still need to process your data for legal reasons. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
- The right to restrict processing - you can ask that we temporarily stop using your data while the reason for its use or its accuracy are investigated
- Though unlikely to apply to the data we hold and process on you, you also have rights related to portability and automated decision making (including profiling).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please email MC2 on email@example.com
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
Last updated: 28th February 2019